Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Standing on His Promise

There has been so much going on here the past few weeks. I started looking back at the calendar and twelve weeks ago we were... Preparing our home for a new baby, Getting ready for yet another birthday of mine, the birth of baby Eli, the death of Shawn's grandmother, the death of McLovin' (Taylor's bearded dragon), went on vacation, went back to Rocky Mount, moved the girls out, went through a very interesting empty nest time, prepared for Fall Fest @ work, found out that our dearest friends from Ohio are moving to Arizona, and so much more that I could go on all day.

What amazes me is how much happens in twelve weeks and how much is gone none of that will ever happen again. There are times when I wonder what could I have done different to make more of an impact on every single one of these experiences? Live goes by so fast and is filled with so many things and people but when I sit still there are times when I feel so empty and alone. I am thankful that I have a Father that lets me feel but doesn't allow me to stay in those places...I am thankful that I serve a King that is full of promise and hope. There are days when all I can do is stand…Stand on His promises for me and my family.

Jeremiah 29: 11 “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

Philippians 4:12-13 "I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength."

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

Philippians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious in anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Psalm 138:8 "The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever—do not abandon the works of your hands."

Romans 4:20 "Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, 21being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised."

Numbers 23:19 “The Lord will grant you abundant prosperity in the fruit of your womb, the young of your livestock and the crops of your ground-in the land he swore to your forefathers to give you.

Deuteronomy 28:11 God is NOT a God that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not fulfill?"

No comments: