Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Exactally How Big Is Immeasurably?

Ephesians 3:20...

It seems like everywhere I turn lately it's there. I'll open my Bible and it's there...I'll read different devotionals and it's there...
This verse has been running through my head over and over again day & night. Literally I have woke up in the middle of the night thinking of it. In Psalms 1:2 it says But his delight is in the law of the Lord & on his law he meditates day & night. I didn't realize He was going to make me actually meditate day and night on Ephesians 3:20! :)


Websters Dictionary defines immeasurably as: incapable of being measured ; indefinitely extensive. WOW! That's pretty big. Pretty much incomprehensible.


Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us… Ephesians 3:20 NIV

God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us… Ephesians 3:20 The Message

Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think… Ephesians 3:20 New Living Translation

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us…Ephesians 3:20 American Standard Version

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us… Ephesians 3:20 Today's New International Version

All this makes me wonder what God is up to. I know that one day (hopefully in the near future) I will look back and have an AH-HA moment and say "I understand now!"

Crazy to think that... In me There is strength to move a mountain In me There is faith to walk on water In me If I just believe The Way and the Truth and the Life is in me. (In Me Rebecca St. James)



1 comment:

Mandy said...

That's my absolute favorite verse. Actually, my favorite passage is that entire section: Ephesians 3:14-21. He's able to do more than we can even imagine; beyond our wildest dreams. So much more that we can't even comprehend it.

That's pretty big!