Thursday, April 18, 2013

Rest

Within 24 hours God has had me teach on 1 Samuel 3  to my Elementary Kids 
During my morning devotions brought me to  Hebrews 4:1-13
Reminded me of Genesis 2:2-3 and Exodus 20:8

I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but I think He might be trying to tell me something. 
REST: noun

        -a bodily state characterized by minimal functional and metabolic activities
      -freedom from activity or labor
      -a state of motionlessness or inactivity
      -peace of mind or spirit (My favorite)

With a 8 week old, a growing changing ministry, 3 beautiful beauties that we have every other weekend, a home, a husband & a family rest can be difficult. 

He has designed me after His own likeness. Who am I to think that if the God of creation needed rest that I don't . I don't purposely NOT rest. It just comes difficult to this ADD girl. I want to be all who He has created me to be. I don't want to waste one moment of what He's given me. All of that sounds good but honestly I just crave rest. 

With my mom here now (which I am so thankful for) the only down time I have is in the car driving somewhere when she is at home taking care of the baby. I pray for God to speak to me and through me but was reminded while teaching on 1 Samuel that He can't when I can't be still in Him. When I can't rest in His presence. Doing what I do there is no corporate worship time or time of rest in a Sunday morning service. With 98 monthly volunteers needed it's difficult to stay still during a service. 

Daily, sometimes moment by  moment, I have to remember to give all of my needs to God. My peace and rest is found in Him alone. I am clearly aware of my neediness of Him. I am thankful for His continued gift of grace and abundant peace. 

I CAN NOT DO THIS LIFE without you Father! I declare need you! I need your peace your grace your love. Thank you for loving me in spite of my daily failures. Thank you for loving me regardless of how I preform.  Please continue to help my find peace and rest.  




No comments: