Monday, August 4, 2008

Tomorrow's the DAY!!

It is with mixed emotions that I write this blog. Hard to believe that it has already been 9 months. Kelly is going to deliver Eli tomorrow by c-section around 1pm. We have to be at the hospital at 7am for one last ultrasound and an amnio. Then is everything still looks like the last ultra sound he will meet the world a little after 1pm. If anyone knows me you know how excited I get especially about babies! But there is the other side of me, the incredibly selfish side, that thinks WHAT THE HECK WENT WRONG HERE??!! What about ME God??? When I finally get to this point (on a daily basis at times) and ask God what about me??? That's when God, with His still small voice, leads me again and again to the scripture...

The Lord will grant you abundant prosperity in the fruit of your womb, the young of your livestock and the crops of your ground-in the land he swore to your forefathers to give you. Deuteronomy 28:11

God is NOT a God that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not fulfill? Numbers 23:19

Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God has the power to do what he had promised. Romans 4:20-21

The one that I find particularly funny not because of what it says but because one day I was extremely discouraged and felt completely LOST and alone I opened my Bible to 2 Peter and looked directly at verse TWO Grace and PEACE be your in ABUNDANCE through the knowledge of God and of Jesus.

So needless to say I am so excited I can barely stand it! I can't wait to hold him kiss him love him most of all learn some wonderful lessons from him.

I'll let you know how it all works out tomorrow. Please pray for Kelly and baby Eli that everything goes smoothly and everyone is happy and healthy. Also pray for their entire extended family...with a new baby coming into the family is changes things and can bring unresolved past to the surface again.

No comments: