Sunday, February 1, 2009

Snow Delay

Tuesday night into most of the day Wednesday there was a HUGE snow/ice storm. I had to go on Tuesday to the drs office to take a blood pregnancy test just to make sure that I wasn't pregnant to have the HSG test done. I asked them when I left, "It's suppose to snow tomorrow are you SURE he's going to do it?" Yes they said. "He doesn't stop that because it snows." Sounds good to me.

Well the weather was HORRIBLE just like the weather man said so at 9 I called to see if he was still going to be there. They told me again "Yes! He doesn't stop because of the weather." So at 9:30 as I'm heading out the door for my 11:30 appointment. I made one last call to the Dr. JUST to make sure that he was going to be there and let them know that I am driving alllll the was from Bolivar (40 some odd miles) are you SURE he is going to do the test. YES they said. So I headed out in the traitorous weather. And didn't even break down emotionally the entire drive!

I got there checked in went to the bathroom and came out they said I'm sorry the Dr just called and he can't get over to this hospital today. It took me over 2 hours to drive there. NEVER have I driven in weather like this. 25MPH on the freakin interstate! THE ENTIRE WAY. And he can't get from across town???!!! I broke in to tears. I called drs office they tried to work something out but it wouldn't work. They informed me that he was at another facility and they were backed up because of the weather and he couldn't make it in time for my appointment. I drove home crying most of the way.

Came home burnt off some energy by shoveling the drive way and got over it. Started praying for summer to hurry up and get here. Figured there must be a reason God didn't want this done. I have prayed about having this test done. I prayed about going that morning. Not wanting to waste the money especially since I have already racked up a ton of bills. So many things in my mind. Maybe my snow delay was God's way of answering my prayers.

By the end of the day resting assure God has it under control. God is faithful. Life goes on. Maybe next month. Or who knows...maybe I'll be pregnant and won't have to have it at all! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that must have been REALLY frustrating! I'm so sorry!