Monday, January 14, 2013

Got to have the Faith the FAITH THE FAITH...

Faith by George Michael use to be one of my sisters favorite songs.

God knows how much I just love to read. Actually he know just how sarcastic I am as well. I've challenged my self to read 8 books this year. I dislike reading but I love knowledge. I love the book I'm reading right now. "Greater" by Steven Furtick.

He talks about living a GREATER life. Something more than just ordinary. I have been questioning lately why I do what I do. While I love it...I feel so inadequate. Daily. I've found if I don't keep myself focused on who I am than I find myself, my faith, my confidence shrinking at an extremely fast pace. One thing that I continue to learn is that my faith is only what I make it. You don't just drift in to faith.

Faith is action...Faith is work...

“Consider whats at steak.
Greater authority and confidence in God than you’ve ever known
Greater clarity of your identity and your calling
Greater purpose as you approach everyday tasks
Greater joy in knowing that you’re in the sweet spot of God’s blessing
Greater influence over the people around you
Greater impact in the world."

“If you are a woman of faith, you need to live a life that requires faith. You’ve been talking about faith, but you are a mastermind at maneuvering so that you don’t have to have any faith at all”

“a big dream without a small start is nothing but a daydream. God initiates the biggest changes in our lives through the smallest starts.”

Excerpt From: Furtick, Steven. “Greater.” Multnomah Books, 2012-09-04. iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.

I don't know that God has planned for Shawn & I with these beautiful 3, in ohio, our jobs, or for the next 5 years but I do know I don't want to be ordinary any more. I was never born to fit in. I want to be the extraordinary that God created me to be.


No comments: