Friday, May 8, 2009

It's HOT in here!

"If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O king. But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up." Daniel 3:17-18

I've been hot before but never this hot! This past week God has laid on my heart many different ways to read up on Daniel's three buddies...You know Shady Mady and Bennie? It continues to amaze me that all three had the faith to stand up and say "I don't know what God is doing BUT I know HE has my best interest at heart."

Try to imagine standing there looking into your own fiery pit and having someone say to you "IF you don't do what I say you will be thrown in there." Can you feel the heat? I can. There are so many times in my life when I can feel the heat of the fire or hear the roar of the lions. I feel it sometimes when I am looking at my own issues of trust. Whether it's IF, my husband, or my job...wondering "God do you REALLY know what you are doing?"

Am I REALLY ready to jump in to the blazing furnace with both feet? or am I hanging on to the edge with both hands saying, "Let me think about this!"

My desire is to be like Daniel & his friends...Whether it be a lion's den or a fire pit. God I KNOW I am in your hands. In saying that this is NOT an invitation for evil to throw Lions or Fiery Pits at me it is a declaration of knowing that even if God doesn't change my circumstances I serve a God who is MIGHT TO SAVE!!!

What is something that you have had to stand on the edge of the blazing fire pit and feel the heat from and just trust God with?

1 comment:

Mandy said...

This is a really powerful post. Thank you for sharing it. I may be past infertility now, but life is anything but easy as I deal with job stresses and trials in marriage and health issues with some people I love the very most and a plateful of things that I'm expected to get done all right now. You mentioned that they (Rack, Shack, and Bennie- as I call them) could feel the heat coming at them. I think that's putting it lightly, as didn't one of the guards die from the extreme heat just while trying to make it hotter? When we look at the fires in our lives, I think that it'd be easy to see how other people have been engulfed by them and suffered massive wounds (even died- maybe spiritually) from them. Infertility can cause some people to lose their faith in God and struggle in their marriage with their spouse, as can any of the number of things I mentioned from my own life. But, knowing that even if God doesn't change my circumstance, He will still get me through it and that it'll be a testimony in the end allows me to stand, fairly bravely, and say that I'll go through whatever it may be.

I pray that whatever fires and lions dens you are currently facing will also be used as great testimonies of God's grace when you come out unscarred on the other side. God is gracious like that, and I can't wait to see what He continues to do in you.