Saturday, April 19, 2008

At 32 another 1st!

It amazes me how fast weeks really do come and go when you grow up. Well I have to admit I didn't become a pro at Guitar Hero like I wanted to last week...I got sick. Brandie and he sisters arrived here on Thursday evening and I got sick with strep throat Friday morning. Except I didn't know what it was. I have never had strep throat. I got a sky high fever and broke out with at least 200 pimples on the back of my neck. I went to the dr on Monday and he said there was no doubt it was a bad case of strep. Thought it was kind of funny God chose to allow me to have a huge amount of pimples but he put them on the back of my neck. I couldn't see them or anything. I was too scared to pop them for the fear that they might spread.

Well its been a crazy busy week since then. We had encounter this weekend. Not all church's have it but it is a pretty powerful weekend for those who are ready. I of course was in charge of children. Shawn spoke and did a really good job from what I hear. After serving in weekends such as this it always excites me to see God moving in the lives of those who attend but there are times when I leave a weekend such as this asking begging for God tosweep me away in His arms where nothing matters and be refreshed in nothing else but His presence. Where there are no intruptions...just the ability to sit at His feet and lean back aginst him and SOAK in His presence. I am praying for a time such as that REALLY SOON!

No comments: