Thursday, April 3, 2008

Great Expectations

I have been praying and praying that God will give me an over all vision for the children's ministry at the church where I attend as well as work. I feel like God has said many things to me regarding His vision for this church. I don't feel like I have the over all vision for the children's ministry yet but God continues to speak in His still small way visions of certain aspects the children's ministry which gives me a different sense of excitement.

I started working at the church the end of May last year and went directly in to planning for VBS mid June. YES that is what you call diving in head first. Last years VBS went well for putting it together in matter of a month or so...but this years I know will be outstanding. Last year every step from preparation to cleaning up I heard God say "maintain and learn". This year I feel like God's saying "Obtain and don't refrain". I feel like He is saying "STOP putting me in a box. Your curriculum may come in a box but but I DON'T. Go outside the norm and teach these children how to reach for me when they learn how to reach for me that's when they will learn how to reach others with my love."

I LOVE working with children because they teach me so much and come expecting to be taught...WE should go to God that same way. When we come to Him come expecting Him to touch us talk to us hold us CHANGE us HE WILL. We have to be willing to have an expectant heart and mind. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. Matt 7:8 If we don't ask...if we don't ask with great expectations we are the ones missing out on God's blessings.

Please pray for our ever changing children's ministry at COL. We are growing changing and learning how to reach...to step outside the box and recreate where God has called us to be.

1 comment:

somecallmejust said...

yeah there is so much to learn from kids... they place no boundaries on their abilities and god's abilities