Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

So did everyone enjoy their extra second that we had last night just before the clock struck midnight? Did anyone new years resolutions? I hope everyone enjoyed bringing in 2009. A year that I believe will bring fulfillment so many of God's promises.

Our New Year's Eve was very fun. (I'll post again with pictures of all who celebrated with us) We started the evening off with going to church. I was working with the kids but Shawn was able to be a part of it. Our pastor handed out stakes (yard stakes) to every adult there. Pastor's message was on Isaiah 54:2-4 Enlarge the place of your tents stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back; lengthen your cords,strengthen your stakes. For you will spread out to the right and to the left; your descendants will dispossess nations and settle in their desolate cities. Do not be afraid; you will not suffer shame. Do not fear disgrace; you will not be humiliated. You will forget the shame of your youth and remember no more the reproach of your widowhood.

I have a confession to make...every since this surgery where everyone KNOWS that I'm suppose to get pregnant after it I have been REALLY anxious about not getting knocked up. You know all the what if's come in to my mind...What if I'm not ever suppose to be a mom, What if I get pregnant and loose the baby, What if I never get pregnant, What if I let everyone who has been praying over me down because I can't get pregnant, What if I have to go though another year of no baby...You get the point...WHAT IF.

I have been truly trying to do a good job of "taking ever thought captive" and "being anxious in nothing". When i feel the anxiety creep up I start looking up Bible verses (because I SUCK at memorizing), praying, finding some source of seeing Gods hand move or feeling God. I had a dream the other night that has nothing to do with this EXCEPT for the fact that our pastor wife from COTR was pregnant in it!...but anyways...I was anxious ALLLLLL the way through my dream. I sat down this morning to pray and do may devotions and said, "God I don't WANT this feeling I give it to you Please forgive me for feeling this way and send something to reassure me that what you promised me will is true and will come into existence and that will bring me peace."

All that to say...Have I told you about Cynthia? She is the "counselor" here at our church. She has 4 natural children 2 adoptive NO PROBLEM getting or staying pregnant. Well She called me to come down to her office and she said that God woke her up the same night I had my dream to pray over the church and stuff like He does often but as soon as she was drifting back off to sleep she felt God wake her back up and tell her to pray for me and to come today and give me this word...

2 Kings 4:14-17 "What can be done for her?" Elisha asked. Gehazi said, "Well, she has no son and her husband is old." Then Elisha said, "Call her." So he called her, and she stood in the doorway. "About this time next year," Elisha said, "you will hold a son in your arms." "No, my lord," she objected. "Don't mislead your servant, O man of God!" (this is how I felt when she was telling me) But the woman became pregnant, and the next year about that same time she gave birth to a son, just as Elisha had told her."

What is my resolution? To not hold back...to have "crazy faith". Non wavering faith for ME and my household. It seems to be easier to have that type of faith for others but at times more difficult to have that same faith for myself. I'm staking my claim on the promises that God has given us!

I pray that you and your family will be richly blessed this year as you endeavor to serve HIM!

No comments: